Beware of These 5 Common Mistakes During a Construction Project
- Are you planning to have your home or office renovated? Even if you’re building one from scratch, there are plenty of factors that must be considered. To ensure that everything falls into place, from the roof to the flooring, learn about mistakes you should avoid during construction.
- Starting the work without a fixed budget
If it’s unclear how much money you want to spend on the project, you are unlikely to spend less or more. If you end up doing the latter, then you will have more problems on your hand, especially if you don’t have funds to top up what was already spent. So make sure you have a list of renovations that must be done and their corresponding price. Better yet, get estimates from several contractors, pick the most realistic one and then stick to it.
- Overlooking important paperwork
Although there are exceptions, it’s best to be certain about whether or not your construction project requires building consent . Forgetting this particular aspect can do huge damage, especially when you’ll be asked to have the building demolished because of violations of the law.
- Ignoring the idea of scalability
Whether it’s a home or office being built, it’s highly recommended that you think about future growth. Leave room for an extension or annexe in case your company or family expands. Keep the height to standards so you can add another storey whenever necessary. Most importantly, consider resale value in five or ten years’ time and the features that will be saleable when that moment comes.
- Deciding to go DIY
There’s nothing wrong with renovating on your own, provided that you know what you are doing. If you aren’t that confident with your handyman skills, let the experts do it instead to avoid costly mistakes. When you’re tight on the budget, the last thing you need is to have the entire work redone because it’s substandard. So hire a contractor, but don’t make the mistake of choosing the wrong one. Make sure they’re fit for the job you have in mind.
Kennard Construction in North Otago, New Zealand specialises in construction of new home, renovations of buildings as well as roofing work, making them ideal contractors for any projects you have in mind. As for small repairs around the house, including filling potholes, find the right contractor at www.hometech-uk-ltd.co.uk.
When it comes to office renovation and refurbishment, hire Vision Corporate Interiors commercial shopfitters when in Melbourne and Saracen office facilities providers when in London. You can also check the office design service of Concept Office Interiors in Melbourne.
- Not using quality materials
Nothing beats being meticulous when choosing building materials, from the roof to the paint. After all, every item used to complete a structure contributes to its resale value. Where longevity and durability is considered though, only quality materials from reliable suppliers will do.
Find companies from whom you can obtain high standard supplies by checking out these resources.
- Roller blind – help make your windows look stylish without sacrificing the amount of privacy in your home.
- Total Flooring Brisbane – supplier of flooring products including carpet, vinyl, timber, bamboo and laminate.
- auto-roll.com – learn about an online provider of roller garage doors and commercial shutters at.
- Caddy Windows in Bristol – specialises in replacement of old windows with efficient A-rated ones.
- Roller Shutters in Melbourne – can secure your home from those who want to get in and steal.
- Solomons carpet retailers – the best people to contact when it comes to quality carpets and timber flooring.
Armed with this knowledge, construction and renovation work won’t be much of a problem. Once the project is completed, be sure to hire professional cleaners before adding the furnishings to ensure a healthy and safe interior. Let Kleanovative commercial cleaners in Perth help you in this aspect if your home or office is within the area.
Discover more tips through these posts.